Monday, November 3, 2008

Please someone stop David Bowie from acting


It's my first day off the Diet Cokes and my head is banging away like nobody's business. I feel like Ewan McGregor in 'Trainspotting'!


I felt so bad that I decided not to go to my ballet class tonight but to stay in and watch the rest of 'The Prestige'. Great film except, and it hurts me to say this, for David Bowie. I love David Bowie and I always have done. He was gorgeously slender and snaggle toothed as a very young man and then beautifully golden and raunchy in his early 30s and he has aged very elegantly. But dearie me, he is a bad actor. He was apparently trying to do some sort of accent, which only made his rather wooden delivery sound, well, even more wooden.


It pains me to be unkind about Dave as I really do love him and indeed was planning on bumping into him and marrying him before he met Iman. In fact I love him so much that I can't bear to see him embarrassing himself and the rest of us. 'The Man Who Fell to Earth' was OK as basically he was playing himself, ditto 'Labyrinth' in which he looked rather sexy in a pair of very tight trousers. But Pontius Pilate - oh dear and his Andy Warhol - saints preserve us! So please David stop acting, I can't watch many more films from behind a cushion.

No comments: