Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Mile high with Patrick Swayze - well sort of.


So Patrick Swayze died today. I can't say he was particularly my type but I have something to thank him for. Some years ago I had to take a transatlantic flight. I hate flying and get very nervous, scanning the faces of the implacable crew for minute signs of fear and listening to every changing engine sound.

Then Patrick Swayze came to the rescue. There were films to watch and I watched 'Dirty Dancing' not once but three times in an effort to take my mind off the fact that I was flying thousands of feet in the air, with no idea how we were staying there, in a metal tube. I focused my attention on Patrick and Baby dancing away, the anodyne and suitably undemanding plot and Patrick Swayze's undeniably hot dancer's body.

So thank you Patrick Swayze and rest in peace. I will be forever in your debt.

No comments: